Reports of Identity Fraud is on the rise year on year, more people are becoming the victim of fraudulent activity. Don’t be one of them.
Research shows that 24% of UK citizens have been a victim of identity fraud; this is the highest figure in the whole of Europe. A great way to protect yourself at home or even at work is to invest in a shredder. So to help prevent you joining the rising statistic of identity fraud we have some fantastic offers on Fellowes shredders where you can claim some cash back or even claim a second personal shredder free of charge.
TOP TIPS HOW TO KEEP YOUR IDENTITY SAFE
- Keep all personal information such as credit cards, passwords and pin numbers in a draw you can lock or in a safe.
- Don’t share passwords & pin numbers with others.
- Never throw away old bank statements or personal information that is no longer required. Always dispose of them by using a shredder.
- Upon receiving statements always check them as soon as possible, if you notice any discrepancies be sure to report it straight away.
- Regularly check your credit report.
- Be wary when posting personal information on social media websites as you never know who can view that information.
ADVICE FOR BUSINESSES
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the risks of identity theft. By creating set guidelines for staff to follow when handling sensitive information.
- Always make sure that unwanted information is disposed of in a safe manner. Not just paper can be shredded, CD’s that have sensitive information stored on them can also be shredded.
- Register your company details with Companies House (www.companieshouse.gov.uk) and sign up to their electronic filing, PROOF & Monitor services. By doing so you can ensure protect company information being ‘hijacked’ by fraudsters.
Should you require any further information on Identity Fraud you can visit www.stop-idfraud.co.uk which has detailed information on how to prevent fraudulent activities affecting you or your business.
Please note that this special offer runs from now until 31st December 2013, any questions regarding this special offer please contact the sales department on 01865 594550 or by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org